South Riding Dance Academy
South Riding Dance Academy has been servicing the South Riding, Chantilly, Stone Ridge, and Loudoun County area for 19 years! Often volunteering performances within the community and offering services to promote local youth advancement and success.
The performance company for the Ritz-Carlton, Tysons for 8 years.
Thank you for choosing SRDA for your childs dance instruction! We are so excited you have joined our family!
- A $35 registration fee is due upon registration & is non-refundable.
- All monthly tuition fees will be auto charged to your credit or debit card on file, on the 28th of every month for the following month.
- After the 10th of the month, if fees are not received, a $15 late fee will be applied.
- If a members account carries a balance for more than 3 months, the student(s) will be disenrolled.
- SRDA runs a 10 month program, September through June.
- All students are required to participate in our annual dance recital to be held in mid-June.
- The enrollment cut-off date for the 2018-2019 seasons is January 31, 2019. After that date, a student will not be eligible to participate in our end of year recital.
- Any members withdrawing from our program are required to fill out a dis-enrollment form, in the studio with the Director or Desk Attendant.
- Each student will be measured in November or December by an SRDA staff member, for costumes to be ordered for our annual dance recital.
- A $40 per class costume deposit is required and will be auto charged in November.
- ALL Costumes and costume fees are NON refundable, NON returnable, and NON exchangeable.
- If a costume does not fit, the Director will make every effort to make arrangements for proper fitting.
- Costume prices range $75-$295 each.
- Please call or email the studio if a student will be absent from class due to sickness or other misc. reason.
- Attendance is a necessity for your child to progress and strive in class.
- Students with frequent absences will be dis-enrollment from our program.
- Students with an injury are required to sit in class for observation learning.
- We follow the LCPS systems for school closings. This applies to inclement weather and holidays.
- We are OPEN on Teacher Work days.
- All students are required to participate our end of year recital in June.
- There is also a dress rehearsal scheduled the week of the show.
- Both rehearsal and recital are held annually at the same location. GMU Performing Arts Center Concert Hall in Fairfax.
- All guests wishing to attend are required to purchase tickets to the show which go on sale May 1st!
- In April we take orders for trophies and ads for our annual program.
- All communication and information is sent to you directly through email.
- We encourage you to stop in to get updates at least once every month. AND, we just like to talk to you!
- We keep our web site updated at www.SouthRidingDance.com
- Friend us on Facebook! We keep that updated with info as well!
*Final Note: SRDA is a positive, family oriented, learning environment. We work hard to make each student and family feel welcome. Negative comments or actions in and/or about SRDA and SRDA staff members will not be tolerated. Please help us keep our environment a friendly and welcoming place to be!
Ballet, pointe, jazz, lyrical: All students are required to wear a black leotard, pink tights, appropriate dance shoes and hair in a bun!
Tap: All students are required to wear a black leotard or tank/dance top, and may wear black dance pants or shorts with pink or tan tights. Black oxford tap shoes and hair pulled back in a pony tail!
Hip-hop: All students are required to wear a white dance tank and black sweatpants and shorts. Shoes are black hip-hop sneakers or black converse sneakers to be worn indoors only.
All items can be purchased and ordered at the dance studio.
Our annual dance recital is scheduled in June (time TBD).
All dress rehearsals and performances will be held at the same location which is the George Mason University Arts Center.